|How I feel about life lately. Btw that’s Starla paw slapping me. It happens frequently. Sometimes you can get to see it happen in live action, especially if you follow me on snapchat at alannaandco. Just saying…
Everything right now I’m doing I’m not enjoying to the fullest and I really, really want to change my mindset. I’m reading a book for a book club check-in, I’m preparing apple crisp for a good blog post, I’m going out to eat just to kill some time, I’m blogging to fill my editorial calendar, I’m going to the gym because I paid for it. These are all things I should be enjoying not just doing them to do them.
Wow, this post took a depressing turn. Not to say I’m not happy, take a look at this picture of me from the MuteMath concert on Tuesday! I had a blast.
I think just sometimes I need to focus on enjoying what I’m doing instead of just filling my calendar with so many things to do. Does anyone else feel like this at times?
So honestly, here are the goals that I wrote up earlier before I decided to spill my life upon the blogosphere.
September Goal Progress
- Get 1K Instagram followers. Again, no. I’m at 844, but right now I need to shelf this goal and focus on other things.
- Read two books this month. Yes! Both #Girlboss and Inside the O’Briens!
- Stay within half of my budgets on Mint.com. I had to kind of work this one a bit since I traveled my budgets were out of whack even though I am going to get reimbursed for the travel expenses.
- Lose at least 3 lbs. I lost 1.5 lbs, but I just signed up for a gym again…so hopefully this helps.
- Write at least two “deep” posts. I wrote one! My editorial calendar was out of control this month, so more planning ahead will help me accomplish this for next month.
- Add descriptions and re-categorize my Pinterest boards. Maybe even if I’m feeling extra motivated I might try and create custom pinterest board covers.
- Read three books this month.
- Practice with my new camera and take better blog photos. Seriously, shutter speed, ISOs and F-Stops are super confusing! I might even need to take a photography course.
- Lose at least 3 lbs.
- Write at least two wordy posts this month.
My top five posts in September:
Favorite Things to Do in Autumn
Humpday Confessions and Link-up Announcement
Between the Lines and Reading Update
Humpday Confessions is back!
How to Balance Blogging and Working Full-Time
What are your goals for October?