This is one of the easiest and my favorite baking recipe. Banana Bread! I feel like I almost always have the ingredients for it, especially since I have a terrible knack of letting my bananas get over ripe. Typically, I freeze my bananas as soon as they get too ripe. That way I never waste bananas! This is also a super easy recipe, no mixer necessary, and super easy to clean up. You will only need a mixing bowl and a fork!
- 3 very ripe bananas.
- 1/3 melted butter.
- 1 cup of sugar.
- 1 beaten egg.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda.
- 1 1/4 cups of flour.
- A pinch of salt
- Optional: 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Optional: Walnuts (I hate having crunchy things in my bread so I usually don’t do this, sorry for no measurement).
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. If you plan on removing the bread from the pan to serve, I would suggest putting Pam on it. I usually end up keeping my bread in the pan and just cutting slices out of it.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar and beaten egg. Optionally, you can add in some vanilla extract here. I like it since it makes the banana bread a bit sweeter.
- Mix in the flour. Option: If you want to add the walnuts, add them here and fold them into the batter.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour 350°F or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove and let cool.
Thanks to my mom for first teaching me how to make Banana Bread!
a Rafflecopter giveaway