I am very lucky to have an amazing job that send me all across the country! I’ve had a mix of personal travel and work travel but they’ve all been great experiences so far.
- Scottsdale, Ariz. One of the best work trips so far! All rooms in the hotel that we stayed in were suites! My suite was two stories,had a full kitchen, and two bathrooms. Unfortunately, I barely spent even 6 hours a day and at that I was only sleeping there. I’m also super thankful that we went in February. I was able to go out to the pool and play tennis in shorts and a tank top when I was there! I can’t imagine what it would be like in the summer. I get to go back there in 2016 and it can’t come soon enough. Fun fact: Arizona doesn’t have daylight saving time changes.
- New Orleans/Mardi Gras. Let me just say that Mardi Gras was fun, and I’ll probably not go again. It was just a giant cluster of ages 16-60 drinking tons of hurricanes. For some reason I was picturing something else, but I am not sure what I was imagining it to be. Unfortuantely, we missed a lot of the parades because we got snowed in and our flight was delayed one whole day 🙁 We did however get to go on a swamp tour, meet up with friends in the city, explore lots in the French Quarter, and eat many beignets.
- Puerto Rico. One of our most active vacations so far. The boy and I went with another couple and were able to stay with his aunt. We visited the biolumenescent bay, the El Yunque, Old San Juan, and went to a ton of the beaches. Drank a ton, partied a lot, and had a blast. One thing though is the food! So rich and heavy! I loved it at first but by the third day I was dying for a salad and there were none in sight. How Puerto Rican women stay in shape is a mystery to me.
- Charleston. Just a quick trip for July 4th. Not many good photos, but we visited with friends, brought our pup, and watched fireworks.
- San Francisco. So I’ve been to San Francisco before actually but we mostly stayed out in Marin County for a family vacation. I however did a bunch of sight-seeing like going to see the Golden Gate Bridge, went to the Presidio, went to Fisherman’s Wharf and the Ghiradelli Square. This time I was able to go to the Off The Grid food truck festival (I love food trucks) which was awesome, we briefly visited the SF Jazz Center, went to Pier 39, went to this neat lounge that you had to slide down to get into, had some sketchy moments walking to reception parties, and I lived in the Moscone Center (with the rats…). This next time I go back I need to go to Alcatraz! It’s a beautiful city that has tons of places to explore.
- Chicago. I really wish I had more time to visit the city. I stayed around the Magnificent Mile. I was able to visit Millennium Park and see the bean, go to the Riverwalk, and go shopping, but there are so many museums and sightseeing opportunities that I missed out on. It’s a must to go back, and maybe sometime when it doesn’t snow or have 30 ft. waves.
- Miami (leaving this week!)
They’ve all been great and I always wish I have more time to explore the cities than I actually end up having, but now I have a great excuse to go back and spend more time there!
Next year’s trips, that I know of, include San Francisco (again) and Santa Cruz, New Orleans (again), Las Vegas, San Antonio, and San Diego. I’m definitely ready for 2015!